Sunday, January 13, 2008

Stepping on my Jeans

So, for most of my life it was cool to have frayed jeans. I would buy a pair, wear them for a bit, excited about the day the bottoms would begin to fray. Then there would be that perfect moment, when the jeans sat in a perfect state of "frayededness?". They would hang there for a bit and then get to the point of just gross, usually around the same time that holes would begin to appear in the knees, and I knew it was time to say goodbye.

That was all fine and good with my Gap, or JCrew Jeans. I'm not sure I'm down with it with a near $200 pair of jeans. The problem I have is my jeans fit perfect with my work shoes, but when I switch to my flatter "sneaker-shoes" on the weekend, I start to feel my jeans under my heels. My wife says that this is why women have sneaker jeans and shoe jeans, and I need to get a pair dedicated to sneakers. My question is, is she right? And if so, does that mean that I don't go for frayed bottoms anymore.

What's the protocol with a pair of seven for all mankind. Frayed or not. I'm afrayed :) I'm gonna be in for a dedicated pair. We will see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GIrl you need to check out www.soleclips.com. it is making frayed pants a thing of the past. it is perfect for those people that want to wear pants with heels and flats. keeps em' off the ground and gettin' all yucky and frayed. keep your style clean!! let me know what you think!!!